From Total Darkness to Light
Imagine losing 100% of your eye sight in the blink of an eye.
How would that change your attitude towards life and the life of those who surround you.?On this episode of The Winding Stairs Masonic Podcast, we sit down with a best-selling author, public speaker and extraordinary Brother, who can answer these questions from a first person perspective. In this interview Marcus Engel talks to us about his journey in life and how he has made the best out of the horrible experience that almost took his life.
In this interview we learn about:
- The importance of a Story and how it can help people change the way they look at life.
- How being present and helping others can turn any situation from horrible to inspiring.
- How we deal with our past and make decisions for the future.
- How empathy and compassion are not just good for those in the receiving end.
- How simply saying "I am Here" can transform somebody's life and even change their mission in life.
In the interview you will hear us speaking about a challenging moment of his recovery. As a part of his recovery process, he had to learn how to live as a blind person. At one point he was challenged with what is called "The Drop". Instead of trying to explain it to you, I will let the talented filmmakers show you.
"There is nothing I can do to change what happens, All I can do is change the Future” -Marcus EngelHere are some of the books published by Marcus Engel.
- I'm Here- Compassionate Communication in Patient Care
- Everyday Inspiration
- After This- An Inspirational Journey for all the Wrong Reasons
You can learn more about Marcus Engel by visiting his website:
Please remember to visit our Masonic Marketplace at FreemasonryArt.com, where you can find a growing selection of Masonic Art and Regalia. We are very proud of the quality and meaning behind every product we share through FreemasonryArt.com.
Remember that in addition to including an inspirational artwork to your home, Lodge or Office, you are also helping in mitigating the growing costs of producing a quality podcast and blog.
We created this collection of Masonic Art Prints to inspire you and remind you of the powerful lessons that are contained within the beauty and wisdom of Masonic Symbolism. Whether you are looking to start your own collection or to decorate your Lodge, these prints make a good addition to your environment. To place your order visit FreemasonryArt.com